At International House, engaging with difference is part of the daily experience of living and learning in an international community. Learning to mindfully and effectively engage with difference is an opportunity to hone leadership skills crucial in today’s globalized world.
The Robertson Center for Intercultural Leadership (CIL) can help you develop the knowledge, mindset, and skills for professional, personal, and academic success in any context.
From brief intercultural effectiveness workshops and activities, to semester-long intercultural leadership programs and professional development programs, CIL offers many experiential opportunities for residents to develop as global leaders. What change do you wish to be in the world?
We encourage you to enroll in the Global Leadership Course being held ever Fall Semester. The semester-long, intensive leadership cohort program is designed to help you develop your skills in intercultural effectiveness and transformative leadership in today’s increasingly globalized world. Participants will not only gain professional development skills, but will also cultivate close relationships with fellow cohort members. Participants will gain training and hands-on, resume-building experience in the following areas:
- Enhance your skills for effectively leading diverse and global teams
- Strengthen public speaking skills
- Learn about specific cultural practices from all over the world
- Understand social change frameworks
- Meet influencers and leaders in local Bay Area communities
- Grow your global network and build long-lasting friendships with cohort members
This course is open to all I-House residents who enrolled UC Berkeley students. Students will get 2-credits for this course. For inquiries and/or questions, please contact Miranda Loos, email@example.com
CIL offers a Career Success workshop every semester. In this workshop, you will learn valuable skills and language to better market yourself for a more competitive edge. You’ll be able to:
- Identify and articulate the professional and leadership skills gained during time at I-House, Cal, and beyond
- Learn new strategies for acing any interview and writing strong cover letters
- Gain a better understanding of what U.S. employers are seeking in job candidates
Stay tuned for updates on our next workshop!